Friday, December 01, 2006

day of remembrance

it's world aids day, 2006.

peace and blessings to the memory of all those lost, including:

MICHAEL BOTKIN, my friend and roommate in Chicago in 1980 and 1981. a gay hero.
JOE (GALANTI) ALONGI, my friend; revolutionary hero; Michael's boyfriend.
STEVE ROSE, my friend and roommate in New York in 1983 and 1984; gay revolutionary hero.
ALBERT TORRES, my friend and revolutionary hero; Steve's boyfriend.
JOHN MORONEY, my friend in New York in the 1980s and the kindest man I ever met.
DOUG GOULD, my best friend David's boyfriend in New York in the late 1980s.
MARCO ANTONIO OSORIO R, my friend from Mexico and gay revolutionary hero.
DAVE FRECHETTE, my friend and African-American gay hero.
Celebrities ROCK HUDSON, RICHARD LOCKE, PAUL MONETTE, SHARON REDD I never met you but you helped me become who I am.
ALL THE OTHERS--neighbors, idols, friends, friends' friends, enemies, lovers, passers-by--whose faces or names I struggle to remember.

may God and the Spirits bless all of you and keep you forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment