Wednesday, January 31, 2007

faggot!

So a friend of mine asked my opinion about the latest Hollywood slander fest. You know, where the one actor from Grey's Anatomy (an African-American) called another, a recently "out" white guy, a faggot. I'm editing this post from my email with her.

I've been having a hard time following this. Mostly cuz while I enjoy gossip, read Gawker several times a day, etc etc, I can't get too riled up by Hollywood types misbehaving. When so many people are being killed in Iraq and Americans seem blindfolded to Bush's imminent attack on Iran (set off by a pretext that, no doubt, will put the Reichstag fire to shame) it's hard to get worked up about some actors who haven't learned their social graces. I also tried to watch Grey's anatomy once and didn't really get it, so I dunno, yawn. :)

I mean, did you read that thing about Celebrity Big Brother where one cast member made racist comments about the resident Bollywood star? You know I'm glad that had a happy ending, but really, did it need to be the lead on cnn.com? I'm sure I can go someplace and be called "faggot" and my African-American friend can go someplace and be called choice names much easier than winning a place on a televised reality show. There's a lot of things a lot better about the world in the last few years but, well you know, it ain't THAT much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment