Monday, February 06, 2012

The Battle of Oakland

The Battle of Oakland from brandon jourdan on Vimeo.


Here's a thought-provoking video on the events in Oakland. Required viewing. Let's reconsider where exactly the violence that is so readily being condemned is actually coming from.

I've been super busy with Occupy Sunset Park and various city-wide and Brooklyn-wide Occupy meetings and activities. I started this blog when I didn't have much to do with myself in the evenings; now that I am out there and participating, I'm finding it's a struggle to reserve the time and energy to gather my thoughts here on The Cahokian. But don't give up on me! I have a bunch of things I'm working on. I probably won't make it back to daily posts anytime soon, but I'm gonna try hard not to skip a whole week like I just did. --ISH

2 comments:

  1. i am in NYC every so often to visit friends or attend shows. how can i get involved on a tangential level when i am in town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey freebones.

    Sorry for the late reply. It's one of the things that's too bad about Zuccotti not really being there any more: it used to be you could go there and hang out: participate in an assembly or just talk to folks. There are a lot of actions and a WHOLE lot of meetings happening, but they're less casual affairs.

    Best I can recommend is watch a website like http://www.nycga.net/ for actions that might correspond to your visits.

    Upcoming, May 1 is going to be big, and there's some kind of citywide rally in the works a few weeks before that. Meanwhile, there's some kind of protest almost every day.

    ReplyDelete