Friday, January 15, 2010

MLK's Birthday: Never Forget

That's the question before you tonight. Not, "If I stop to help the sanitation workers, what will happen to all of the hours that I usually spend in my office every day and every week as a pastor?" The question is not, "If I stop to help this man in need, what will happen to me?" "If I do not stop to help the sanitation workers, what will happen to them?" That's the question.

Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness. Let us stand with a greater determination. And let us move on in these powerful days, these days of challenge to make America what it ought to be. We have an opportunity to make America a better nation. And I want to thank God, once more, for allowing me to be here with you.

--the Reverent Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, April 3, 1968, Memphis

1 comment:

  1. Here is atribute to the beliefs of one of the leading figures of the 20th cen. http://bit.ly/mlk-jr-day

    probably, obama became Prez becoz MLK did things differently in his stime

    ReplyDelete